Heavy Smoke Emissions - What are they?
Heavy smoke emissions can occur after improper car servicing or in vehicles under an apparent state of repair and can also happen in relatively new vehicles.
There are three different smoke colors that you can often notice emitted from a patrol car engine.
- Blue or Grey
What does white smoke mean?
Most white smokes from petrol vehicles are normal, and are a part of the combustion cycle. When condensation turns into vapor, the result is white smoke. As the engine starts warming up, the condensation dissipates, and the white smoke slowly disappears.
If you see excessive white smoke, even after the engine warms up, your car is signaling that there is some problem with its engine.
Reasons for white smoke
Some of the main reasons may be:
- Coolant leak: Leakage along with a low coolant level can cause excessive white smoke. If your engine is frequently overheating, and you have to top up the coolant very often, it might be a cause of coolant leak.
- Poor fuel pump injector: When the fuel injector gets bad, they tend to reduce the fuel delivered to the engine, causing more white smoke from the pipes. However, it mostly occurs in diesel cars.
Bad ECU: If the engine Control Unit malfunctions, it can affect the fuel timing, and thus cause an insufficient combustion cycle producing thick white smoke.
Black smoke from your car engine means that the engine is burning more fuel. So, the exhaust is emitting more smoke in carbon form.
Reasons for black smoke
- The uncleaned air filter is often the primary reason for black smoke.
- Clogged fuel lines can be another reason for dark smoke coming out of the tailpipe.
- Clogged engines when packed up with carbon, are also a major cause of heavy black smoke. Call Mysyara for a complete engine de-carbonization.
Blue or Grey White smoke
However, anything other than white smoke is tough to diagnose, a smoke can tell a lot about your car’s health. A blue-grey smoke can be a certain sign that your car engine is in distress and requires urgent attention.
Reasons for blue-grey smoke
- It may be because the car is burning oil.
- Grey smoke is an indication that there is a transmission fuel leak, which is being burned-up in the engine.
- Grey smoke can also mean there is a problem with the PCV valve. Get it replaced by the technician of Mysyara ASAP.
Conclusion : Higher car emissions can produce a negative impact on both your vehicle and the environment. As per the recent report, transport-related fuel emissions are increasing at a higher rate than other emission types. It means that vehicles are the cause of the environment. Keeping a check on your car emission levels will not only help keep our Earth green, but it will also decrease the amount of money required to spend wear and tear of your vehicle.
How to keep a check on your car emissions levels?
Reducing your car's emissions is good for the environment and also helps you save the penalty. Remember that you can be fined if your car is emitting more pollutants than the normal. Moreover, a cleaner car will offer better performance, have better mileage, and will be cheaper to run.
There are some factors to take into account that helps maintain your car’s emissions. Some of these are:
- Use a cleaning agent: An older car tends to build harmful deposits in its engine, reducing efficiency and increasing emissions. A cleaning agent in the fuel system helps remove the deposits, thus lowering the emission levels.
- Better fuel: You can also consider paying more for premium-grade fuels. These fuels already contain active cleaning agents that remove deposits from the engine, reducing emissions.
- Change the oil: Replace your engine oil at regular intervals. Check for the recommended service intervals, and call Mysyara to get your car serviced according to the manufacturer’s guidelines or according to your running.
- Clean / Replace the air filter: A clogged air filter can lead to multiple car issues as it restricts engine breathing. Change it more regularly if you drive in a dusty environment.
Wide Range Of Car Services
Quick & easy to book a car service appointment online
3M Window Tinting
3M Window Tinting
Why Choose Us?
One-stop, Convenient, Quick, Affordable, Sustainable
How It Works
Book Car Service online in 3 simple steps
What Our Clients Say About Us
We believe every customer deserves a WOW, and always aim for that
Frequently Asked Questions
With MySyara, you get on-demand car care with a 100% satisfaction guarantee. As industry professionals we are able to solve any problem with your car, all the while aiming to give you the best possible car care experience. Our experienced employees have over 100 hours of training, background checks, and full insurance policies.
Driving efficiently and maintaining your car are two critical factors that help keep your car emissions level at a minimum.
Car emissions are considered a major source of pollution and contribute to global warming. Vehicle pollutants are the agents that harm the health of humans, animals, and even plants and contain greenhouse gases that cause climate change.
To preserve your car's performance, regular planned maintenance is essential. You should always adhere to the suggested service intervals described in your vehicle's customer assistance, warranty, and service manual, as well as any extra service needs that your car could have. Your Ford warranty does not cover damage caused by inadequate maintenance.
We provide Our doorstep AC Gas top up Car Service in Dubai and Abu Dhabi as of now.
- Online Card Payment (Visa & Master)
- Cash On Delivery
- Cash On Delivery (POS Machine)
Your card details are safely stored with bank-grade security with our PCI DSS level 1 compliant payment gateway providers. MySyara does not have access to any sensitive card data.
Our referral program rewards you for referring friends and family to our app. Just click on `Refer a friend` or the gift icon inside the app to avail AED 50 credits and AED 25 credits for your Friend.