What can be the reason behind failed emission test?
There can be several factors behind failed emission tests. However, some of the most common reasons can range from the quality converter to damaged fuel injectors.
Issues with a faulty exhaust system due to wear and tear and extreme weather conditions can result in poor fuel efficiency, engine noise, or excessive vibration. If you can recognize the cause of failed emission tests, you can have a smoother and quieter ride with better efficiency. Most importantly you can reduce harmful effects on the surroundings.
- Oxygen sensor malfunction: The oxygen sensor is present in all types of exhaust systems and measures the quantity of oxygen gas in the exhaust. Oxygen sensor malfunction is very common and can happen due to various reasons. The oxygen sensor is not able to measure the amount of oxygen gas due to leakage. It results in harmful fumes passing through. The condition is likely to prevent your car from passing the emission test. You may also find a problem on the dashboard or through an onboard diagnostic test. A failed oxygen sensor can result in engine overheating, loss of power, and toxic fumes from the exhaust.
- Damaged exhaust system: The catalytic converter is responsible for converting harmful hydrocarbons into cleaner gases. Check the catalytic converter for damage to make certain that the metals are intact. These are responsible for converting toxic gases into clean emissions. If the catalytic converter is damaged, your car will not pass the emission test.
- Issues with the ignition system: Vehicles often fail in emission tests due to the presence of high volumes of toxic hydrocarbon in the fumes. This can be a result of a faulty ignition system. The ignition mechanism in your car comprises fuel injectors, spark plugs, ignition timing belts, and other components. If the car does not get proper maintenance, it is most likely to develop problems with the ignition system. You need to check for worn-out spark plugs, High tension spark plug leads, advanced ignition timing, or dirty injectors.
- Overdue for an oil change: Your car may not pass the emission test because the oil has not been changed at the right interval. The owner’s manual specifies the period to change the engine oil. If it is not done at the right time, your car will fail the emission test. Dirty oil inside the engine crankcase can cause additional pollutants in the exhaust system. Fresh oil reduces the number of contaminants, raw gas vapors, and hydrocarbons.
These are some of the reasons that your vehicle failed the emission test. It is also a signal that the car engine is emitting more pollutants into the environment. Consult with a service technician at Mysyara to have a better idea of what components to replace or repair.
Roles of Mysyara in Your Car Maintenance!
For getting the best Car Repair & Service in Dubai, there is no better place than us. In MySyara, a customer gets some awesome benefits regarding car maintenance. Each criterion for owning a new or used car is vital. These documents or formalities are important. Also, the maintenance of such models possesses the same interest. A car lover would never ever leave his or her car alone with no care or precaution. That’s why you need the top-class Car Wash Service in Dubai, Best Car Wash.
Whether you buy a new or old one, you may require Car Repair in Dubai in the future. In that case, you should reach MySyara. We provide awesome Car Repair in UAE at a compromised package.
Here is the list of services you gain from us
- Affordable Car Battery Replacement
- Neat and clean Car Wash
- Interior and Exterior wash
- Car body shining and thorough detailing
- Dent removal methods
- Engine repair and all critical tasks
Wish to Get the Best Car Repair & Service in Dubai – Get MySyara Today!
Wide Range Of Car Services
Quick & easy to book a car service appointment online
3M Window Tinting
3M Window Tinting
Why Choose Us?
One-stop, Convenient, Quick, Affordable, Sustainable
How It Works
Book Car Service online in 3 simple steps
What Our Clients Say About Us
We believe every customer deserves a WOW, and always aim for that
Frequently Asked Questions
With MySyara, you get on-demand car care with a 100% satisfaction guarantee. As industry professionals we are able to solve any problem with your car, all the while aiming to give you the best possible car care experience. Our experienced employees have over 100 hours of training, background checks, and full insurance policies.
If there is a high concentration of hydrocarbon emission in the exhaust, your car will not pass the emission test.
Reasons for your car not passing an emission test include
- Leaking or loose exhaust system
- Oil change overdue
- Dirty air filter
- Work out spark plugs
The most effective way of preventing emission test failure is to take good care of your car. Get the car diagnosed by an appropriate technician to repair or replace worn-out components, and get it serviced at regular intervals.
We provide Our doorstep AC Gas top up Car Service in Dubai and Abu Dhabi as of now.
- Online Card Payment (Visa & Master)
- Cash On Delivery
- Cash On Delivery (POS Machine)
Your card details are safely stored with bank-grade security with our PCI DSS level 1 compliant payment gateway providers. MySyara does not have access to any sensitive card data.
Our referral program rewards you for referring friends and family to our app. Just click on `Refer a friend` or the gift icon inside the app to avail AED 50 credits and AED 25 credits for your Friend.