The frequency of oil changes depends on several factors, including the type of vehicle, driving conditions, and the type of oil used. Most manufacturers recommend changing the oil every 5,000 to 7,500 miles or every six months, whichever comes first. However, some newer vehicles can go up to 10,000 miles or more between oil changes due to advances in engine and oil technology.
Driving conditions also play a significant role in determining the frequency of oil changes. If you frequently drive in stop-and-go traffic, drive short distances, or tow heavy loads, your engine may require more frequent oil changes. This is because these conditions can cause more wear and tear on the engine, leading to a buildup of contaminants in the oil. You can also contact an experienced car mechanic for engine oil change.
The type of oil used also affects the frequency of oil changes. Conventional oil, which is derived from crude oil, requires more frequent changes than synthetic oil, which is designed to last longer. Synthetic oil also provides better protection against engine wear and can improve fuel economy.
Ignoring the recommended oil change intervals can lead to several problems. Over time, engine oil breaks down, loses its lubricating properties, and can lead to engine damage. As the oil becomes contaminated, it can also cause increased friction between engine components, leading to excessive wear and tear. This can result in costly repairs or even engine failure.
In addation to regular oil changes, it is also essential to check the oil level and quality regularly. Checking the oil level and quality regularly is important for the following reasons:
- Lubrication: The oil lubricates the engine’s moving parts, reducing friction and wear. If the oil level is too low or the quality is poor, it can lead to increased friction and wear, potentially causing expensive engine damage.
- Cooling: Oil also helps to dissipate heat generated by the engine. If the oil level is low, the engine can overheat, causing damage to its components.
- Contamination: Over time, engine oil can become contaminated with dirt, debris, and other pollutants. This can reduce its effectiveness, and even cause damage to the engine if left unchecked.
- Fuel economy: Low-quality or insufficient oil can cause the engine to work harder than necessary, reducing fuel efficiency and increasing the amount of fuel needed to power the vehicle.
- Maintenance: Regularly checking the oil level and quality is an essential part of routine vehicle maintenance. It helps to ensure that the engine is running smoothly and can alert you to any potential problems before they become serious issues.
To know more about engine oil change, you may connect with our experienced car mechanic and avail of our services.
Why choose MySyara?
At MySyara, we are committed to providing our customers with the highest quality service and repairs.
Our team of experts will work quickly and efficiently to get your vehicle back on the road in no time.
Wide Range Of Car Services
Quick & easy to book a car service appointment online
3M Window Tinting
3M Window Tinting
Why Choose Us?
One-stop, Convenient, Quick, Affordable, Sustainable
How It Works
Book Car Service online in 3 simple steps
What Our Clients Say About Us
We believe every customer deserves a WOW, and always aim for that
Frequently Asked Questions
With MySyara, you get on-demand car care with a 100% satisfaction guarantee. As industry professionals we are able to solve any problem with your car, all the while aiming to give you the best possible car care experience. Our experienced employees have over 100 hours of training, background checks, and full insurance policies.
The general recommendation is to get an oil change every 5,000 to 7,500 miles or every six months, whichever comes first.
The type of oil you should use depends on your vehicle's make, model, and year. Most vehicles require either conventional, synthetic, or a blend of both.
Yes, you can change your own oil if you have the necessary tools, equipment, and knowledge.
It's recommended to check your oil level once a month or before long road trips. This will help ensure that your engine is properly lubricated and prevent potential damage.
If you don't change your oil regularly, the oil can become contaminated with dirt, debris, and other particles. This can lead to engine damage, decreased fuel efficiency, and eventually engine failure.
- Online Card Payment (Visa & Master)
- Cash On Delivery
- Cash On Delivery (POS Machine)
Your card details are safely stored with bank-grade security with our PCI DSS level 1 compliant payment gateway providers. MySyara does not have access to any sensitive card data.
Our referral program rewards you for referring friends and family to our app. Just click on `Refer a friend` or the gift icon inside the app to avail AED 50 credits and AED 25 credits for your Friend.